Hiya Bloggers! Enjoy my blogs about life, crafting, kids and the gray hairs popping out of my head. It's all about having fun
here - just the way it should be! Go ahead - post a funny moment too, we ALL need to keep the laughter going!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Back on track again... it is what it is

Yep - I am back at Weight Watchers again.  and again.  I lost 60 pounds a few years back - took me a year, but I did it.  I spent all my time and energy working on my weight loss and healthy activities.  Then I got hurt, and then I started my own business.  No more time for Heather.  No more time for anything, actually. (my toilets need to be cleaned before they start creating new life)

ugh.

So, here I am again at Weight Watchers.  I am one week in and 5 pounds down.  (pretty siked, but I know that 5 lbs in a week will never happen again).  I have a great new group of ladies to commiserate and share with and I really like my leader - she really cares!

Why is it that us women never put enough time aside for ourselves?  Why is it considered selfish (by others - not us cool ladies) if we try to get in a workout or a pedicure or a haircut or go out for a coffee with friends (yeah - this morning was fun, ladies!)?  I just don't think it is selfish.  I don't think we ladies put enough time aside to take care of ourselves - we are constantly taking care of everyone else and not thinking twice about it.

I think we would all agree that we love our families and we take pride in caring for them, BUT that we all want time to ourselves too (why else would there be so many sarcastic and funny ecards about hiding from the kids in the bathroom?).  Time to be pampered. (and that could mean just being left alone! amen)

I love the time I get when the kids go to bed to actually get some uninterrupted work done.  Of course, now I don't get any sleep. No time for sleep, no time for exercise and no time to plan healthy meals and snacks.  Sound familiar? 

Ya gotta pick and choose what you can do each day - there is only so much time.  This morning I chose to have coffee with my friends and do some light shopping.  Me time.  I also worked out when I got home and ate a healthy lunch. 

Did I get any work done for my business? nope.  Is the house clean? nope.  Am I packed for my trip tonight? nope.  Oh well - that is life and life happens and as one of my good friends says, "It is what it is".  Good words to live by.  Just chill, relax and go with the flow.  Everyday is a new day and if I gained back my weight, I can lose it again, whatever.  It is what it is.  I just hope I can clean those toilets before new life begins to crawl out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment