Hiya Bloggers! Enjoy my blogs about life, crafting, kids and the gray hairs popping out of my head. It's all about having fun
here - just the way it should be! Go ahead - post a funny moment too, we ALL need to keep the laughter going!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Who has the time?? kids or business??

Well, as you can see, I have been super busy (lazy, ahem).  The summer got away with me - as it should - and now school has started again. 

Hooray!  (I mean, awww the summer went by too fast and I miss having all that time to play with my children)

For the first time in 8 years, I actually have all three kids in school at the same time..................................
.................for 3 hours
................3 days a week.  ha - I am living the good life.

My 2 oldest are in all day elementary school and my youngest is in preschool for 9 hours each week.

I was really excited to have this time to myself and I spent the summer dreaming up all the things I was going to do (join a gym, go back to Weight Watchers, exercise, get coffee with friends, actually read a newspaper - do we even get one anymore?)
Let me tell ya - 3 hours is NOT enough time to get much of anything done. 

I actually thought I could get work done for my business, take care of household duties and maybe take some time to myself. 

***Insert huge laughtrack right here while pointing at me***

I dream of going grocery shopping without having to yell, kick and track down loud children that are basically screaming and waving their arms while running down the aisles - all while the little blue haired ladies are smiling at me and saying things like, "what a cute little helper" or "such a sweet little boy". 

Don't they see the horns on their heads? I swear his head just spun around.....

Oh well - life goes on.  I actually love having time with my littlest guy.....even if it means I have to watch multiple viewings of  the American Muscle Cars series.  He doesn't mind if I fold laundry or cut, pin or sew anything as long as I am around him (that makes me warm and fuzzy inside). 

Of course I love my kids and want to spend as much time as I can with them but I also want to grow my little business so I have something to do with myself when they are out of the house all day.  I DO NOT want to be one of those helicopter parents.  Nope.  Not me.  I will not. 

I will drink coffee, play Words With Friends, read newspapers (if we still get them?) work hard at my little business and patiently wait for them to get off the bus every afternoon so I can bother the heck out of them just like they do to me now. heh heh heh heh (evil laugh)


No comments:

Post a Comment