Hiya Bloggers! Enjoy my blogs about life, crafting, kids and the gray hairs popping out of my head. It's all about having fun
here - just the way it should be! Go ahead - post a funny moment too, we ALL need to keep the laughter going!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Grass is Always Greener

One of the downfalls of having your own small business from home is that you are never "out of the office".  I enjoy the fact that I can work at night while catching up on some Up All Night or Hell on Wheels with my husband, BUT, I also would enjoy being able to turn it off and just be free to enjoy the time with my family.  If I had an "office" job, I could be able to come home from work and give my full attention to the house and family simply because I had no choice - MY work would not be able to be done at home! 

Unfortunately, that is not the case - as I sit here after having a lovely waffle breakfast with my family, I am working.  Ooooookaaaaaaaaay, so blogging isn't technically working, but I am off to sew after this.  Simply because I have to get some work done. If I only had time to do my work at the "office", I would be more productive with my time during the week.  On the other hand - if I were at the "office" during the day, I wouldn't be able to have lunch with my boys, play basketball with them in the morning or be home to do homework with my daughter in the afternoon.  So, we pick and choose.

The grass is always greener. 

My husband is out in the family room right now playing with our youngest and I am off to sew.  Well, it sounds like I may be doing some cleaning first - what was that crash?


No comments:

Post a Comment