Hiya Bloggers! Enjoy my blogs about life, crafting, kids and the gray hairs popping out of my head. It's all about having fun
here - just the way it should be! Go ahead - post a funny moment too, we ALL need to keep the laughter going!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

West Coast Style

My friend came over today to pick out fabrics for her niece who is (as we blog) in the midst of giving birth to her very first baby many, many miles away!   As she walked out the door, we noticed the emerging daffodils, tulips, hyacinths and crocuses pushing up through the frozen ground.  Signs of spring!  Newborn babies, sweet little budding flowers, fledgling birds, and oh yes, allergies (but that's another whole blog to rant about).  I am so excited about the birds coming back to my yard and perusing the garden I create for them - the spring bulbs, the climbing vines, the roses, the veggies, the ornamental grasses, the foxglove, the lupine, the irises, the lilies (ohhhh the lilies - I am my grandmother's granddaughter) and even the Cascade hops that my husband - the amateur beer brewer - wants to harvest and make an IPA.  Gotta love that.  But, back to the birds - I can't wait to have them back.  Can you tell I missed them this winter?  Check out this grouping of fabrics in the pic.
This is an order I just sent out to a friend on the west coast - I love these fabrics together - the birds, the blues, the mod look of it all.  It was really hard to let go of this one, but it went to an important customer ( a returning customer and a friend! )  Hope her friend likes it as well!  I also hope she loves the birds as much as I do.  Happy Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment